Saturday, March 5, 2011

Masturbation: Still A Solo Affair?

Sup good people! Hope y'all had a good week, and have good plans for the weekend. Me? I'm going back to uni tomorrow, so there's no play for me right now...
Anyways. A few days ago, I was reading different articles online & I came across something really interesting on the Men's Health website. It was on the "Health and Sexual Benefits of Masturbation."

Now from childhood, I'm quite sure that most of us were taught that masturbation is wrong and all that stuff. And of course, as we got older, a lot of us decided to try it out. I'm not pointing fingers here o. I'm just being real.
So please, for the purpose of this discussion (This is a discussion o. Comments are needed) , let's put aside our religious beliefs about the rightness or wrongness (forgive my english) of masturbation. I know Christianity and Islam are against it. But let's assume they weren't, and it is simply a case of choice based on comfort zones & discretion.

#np Orgasm Addict - The Buzzcocks :-)

Okay. So I was reading through the article, a bit in shock that anyone would take out the time to go finding out tenable reasons to beat off and all...but realizing that what the babe was saying actually made a bit of sense. Here's a little bit of it:
""We are programmed, as best we know, to need orgasms," says Gloria Brame, Ph.D., a clinical sexologist in Athens, Ga. "It's a fundamental aspect of men's health, right up there with brushing your teeth." And the more you know about what satisfies you solo, the more pleasure you get from sex."


Interesting...but this, is what caught my attention:

"Her Pleasure = Your Pleasure
Having a woman who masturbates is great. You can learn a ton about what makes her feel good and what's comfortable for her.
Masturbating together and doing each other will see you through thick and thin. It'll see you into old age. It's something you can always do."


Really?? Right....
See, I've always been of the opinion that a person (either male or female) who was in a relationship and was still beating off, was either not getting any in that relationship, or was dissatisfied with the sex he/she was getting. Meaning that it's not something you'd be doing if you weren't single. Most people I know would not be happy to know that their girl or their guy was engaging in a bit of self love. Maybe cos they'd want to be the one responsible for their significant other's orgasms. So reading this kinda came as a shock to me. But well, maybe I'm just ignorant.

So, if y'all don't mind, let's talk.
Would you wanna know if your partner was masturbating, even though the two of you still had sex regularly?? And if he/she was, would you have issues with it? Or would you encourage it?

No comments:

Post a Comment