Monday, March 28, 2011

Where Loyalties Lie.


Good morning peoples. Hope y'all had a good weekend. Last few days of the first quarter of the year. Hope you've achieved your goals so far.

But that ain't what this is about.

Anyways.

On Saturday, a friend of mine im'd me, crying S. O. S. Another guy was on her case, claiming love from the moon, asking her out.... all that stuff. Dude was even being all possessive self. Over babe that have not even agree for him. Was quite a funny situation. But from the way she put it out to me, it seemed like the dude was really feeling her. But knowing that with all human beings, things aren't always the way they seem, she wanted my advice about him. Apparently, he was someone I knew.

Here's a snippet of the conversation:

Panda: "What's the dude's name?"

Friend: "He says his name is John Thomas." /*obviously, his name isn't John Thomas*\

Panda: "Babe, stay away from that dude."

Friend: "But why? What's the matter?"

Panda: "I know that dude very well, and you're too important to me not to warn you away from him. Babe, if you don't want wahala, just stay away from him."

Now in truth, I know that dude very well. In fact, some would say he's my guy. You know all those your guys that you refuse to allow near your sisters? He's one of those guys.

So I told her to stay away from him.

But another of my friends saw my im conversation, and tackled me about it, saying I was being a "cock blocker". And I should have been loyal to my guy, in the spirit of "bros over hoes", it's possible that he could actually really like her, and she could've been the one to change him...and all that stuff.

So I'm throwing it out. Did I do the right thing? And if it was you, what would you have done?

Would you leave things to chance, where your friend's heart is concerned?

Would you be loyal to your paddie and all that stuff?

Let's have it.

Place comments below, and you can follow my blog for post updates :)

Posted via Blogaway on my Android® Device.

8 comments:

  1. Unless dude is real trifling like carrying and passing VDs, I have a DADT rule. Don't Ask, Don't Tell. however, if I am asked or if an incident comes out, I am telling it all.

    And yes, I have been threatened for telling even on the VD guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit. I'd do the same thing. Cock-blocking isn't what you do to protect 'both' of your friends, its what you do to make-up for a badly managed sex-life.
    You know him. She knows you well enough to know you have her best interest at heart.
    Last last, the other guy is a punk for reading your IM without permission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of...thisismy first time here *ding ding ding*
    Been meaning to visit 4 ages!
    Now tbh ...if the dude is really a big douche bag...you didnt do anything wrong. U probably shuda just gotten wind of his own story sha...cuz a douche bag stops his douche baggery one day doesnt he?
    However that he is already possessive means he has more than being a pant as an issue...he is probably not very ok in the head...to be possessive over someone that isnt his... *cough* no offense to ur friend o!
    #My2kobo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...first off...y wld ur "friend" read ur conversations? that's wrong...and about it being right or wrong, i think its a personal choice, i'm sure we all have "friends" we won't let near our sisters...every situation can be unique and if u think say "ur guy" go mess up then by all means as long as u no get intrest in the babe!. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. abeg juh...the only way this might turn out funny is if she ends up with the guy, and then during one of their 'romantic' conversations she goes 'do you know the opposition i faced to go out with you? Even that your friend, Cap said that..." and thats how okeke will instigate okafor.

    The babe is your bosom friend, sebi?? Good! She is in no way a 'ho' sebi? Even better! So methinks you can forgo the code to keep a valued friend happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. u did nothing wrong life is too short for fuckery if u can help any human avoid hurt n pain den pls proceed. love to you, muah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry I'm just commenting. It's been a crazy 24 hours. Good to know I have everyone's support. :)
    Veronny. I love you too :)
    Imploding lady :P welcome to my world. Hope you like what you see... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think you did anything wrong. I wouldn't necessarily tell her to stay away from the guy, but I would point out all the bad I know about him, and allow her to make her choice. Like you said, he may decide to be different with her.

    ReplyDelete